Fumaric acid for Food Additives, meets FCC and USP standard.
Fumaric acid as an acidulant, has bacteriostatic and antiseptic function. Widely used in food, pharmaceutical and chemical industries with most of our products exported to Japan, the United States and Europe. Our Fumaric acid are widely recognized by customers.
White, odorless granules or crystalline powder. It is soluble in alcohol, slightly soluble in water and in ether, and very slightly soluble in chloroform
Crystalline powder or crystalline particles
Assay (as C4H4O4 on dry base) %
Residue on ignition %
1. In Food industry: Fumaric acid is an acidulant, has bacteriostatic and antiseptic function. It can be used in cool drinks, western wines, cold drinks, juice concentrate, canned fruit, pickles, ice cream. It is used as an acid to produce gas in solid beverage.
2. In pharmaceutical industry: It is used to produce alexipharmic sodium dimercaptosuccinate and ferrous fumarate.
3. Also, Fumaric acid is used in manufacturing unsaturated polyester resin.
1. The product has strong buffering effect to keep the aqueous solution around pH 3.0, and has important effect on antibacterial and antisepsis.
2. The product has astringency, which is one of the solid acids with the strongest acidity. Because of its low solubility in water, its application is less.However, its low water absorption rate helps prolong the preservation period of powder products.
3. When the product becomes sodium fumarate, it is more water-soluble and has better flavor.